RSS icon Subscribe to our "new posts" feed in a reader | RSS icon Subscribe to our "forum news" in a reader

IIH International Support Forum. Support. Advice. Information. Set up a direct debit JustGiving

IIH Support Forum
November 28, 2014, 10:23:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to this  (Read 3202 times)
wookie1965
Neuron

« on: April 19, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »

Hi my names Paul just been diagnosed with iih after going the eye hospital with blurred vision in one eye. They found that the optic nerve was being pressed on had lumbar puncture said preasure was 35 i dont know what this means and they started me on acetazolamide 250mg. Since then ive got terrible headaches when sitting i currently take co codamol 30/500 for another condition but they dont touch it the only thin that helps is lying down which ive been doing for 5 days now cant stay like that.
montygti
Ganglion

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »

Welcome to the forum Paul another bloke to add to the iih list, theres four or five of us now.
A good tip if your still having to lie down to sort you head is to have something really high in caffeine as this raises the csf fluid as the chances are you are suffering a low pressure headache. Red bull was always the one for me and i used to drink 8 cans a day when i had my shunt put in. If you dont like the taste of red bull go to lidl they do one that tastes like cherry ade and it cheap too.
Martin
wookie1965
Neuron

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »

Thankyou very much will try this i like red bull well i did in vodka lol.
Bernard
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »

Hello all
I'm a newbie here too but I'm sure we get used to this forum really quickly I wish good luck and hopefully you will find all  the information your're looking for!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: