RSS icon Subscribe to our "new posts" feed in a reader | RSS icon Subscribe to our "forum news" in a reader

IIH International Support Forum. Support. Advice. Information. Set up a direct debit JustGiving

IIH Support Forum
December 20, 2014, 10:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting work !  (Read 4169 times)
tattoo26
Ganglion

« on: February 01, 2010, 12:39:45 AM »

Anyone have any advice on who would reject someone with IIH , in respects to emploment , the police force have a list , it mention a neuro condition which isnt IIH , but dont want to phone up and shoot myself in the foot !!!! Smiley: unsure

" Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning you give it , if you don't like something , change the meaning ! "
Rachie
Thalamus

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »

Under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), no employer can not employ you just on the grounds that you have IIH / a disability.  If you are able to perform the job description and pass any occupational health assessment - it should be a level playing field.

All companies and definately the police force have an equal rights policy.  Also under the DDA employers are required to make any necessary and reasonable adjustments to your working environment as you  need it.  In theory.....

Good luck!

Rachelx

Rachie  x

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" (Forrest Gump 1994)

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.
Emysmum
Thalamus

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »

If its the police you want to get into I know their medical criteria are quite strict. A friend got rejected because he'd had a minor op to remove an ingrowing hair on his back. He could have applied again after sufficient time had elapsed but didn't want to wait that long.

btw they also have a tattoo policy!

Good luck with your job hunting.

Ruth

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.

http://www.justgiving.com/Hannah-Clarkson-Webb

tattoo26
Ganglion

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:31:16 PM »

yer i had to send in pictures of my tattoos , i'm hoping my military background will cover me  ! I'm hoping people ignorance of IIH will work to my advantage , i'll play it down as much as i can

" Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning you give it , if you don't like something , change the meaning ! "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: