RSS icon Subscribe to our "new posts" feed in a reader | RSS icon Subscribe to our "forum news" in a reader

IIH International Support Forum. Support. Advice. Information. Set up a direct debit JustGiving

IIH Support Forum
July 25, 2014, 06:39:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light/Dark Blurred Vision  (Read 2624 times)
Nat71
Neuron

« on: July 10, 2008, 10:44:07 AM »

Hi all,

If I go from a light place to a dark place, like coming inside from bright sunlight or the other way round - if someone puts on the light in the middle of the night, my vision blurs over for about a minute then clears again.

When I told my doctor at my last check-up, she said no-one had ever mentioned that as a symtom to her before?!

Just wondered if anyone had experienced this?

smiley: thanks
Nathalie
Titch
Cerebellum

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »

Smiley: gold star

Hello Nat,

I do get double & blurred vision from time to time, but I cant say Ive noticed it blurring with light changes. When Ive come in from the bright sun, its hard to see for a while until my eyes adjust to the darker room, but I think everyone gets that. I will have to take notice hug

Smiley: gold star
gingerbreadgirl
Plexus

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

I'm not sure if it counts as light and dark but I have real problems if I'm in a car at night with headlights coming towards me.

My vision goes cloudy, like someones blowing smoke across my eyes and I also have this thing where my eyes don't quite move as fast as they should, it's like they take a while to catch up with what you're actually seeing but you can still see what you were looking at before as well?! confused

Everyone has different symptoms and I guess a lot of the time don't mention the 'weirder' ones to the neuros so maybe that's why she doesn't know. My original neuro told me that the weird sensations I get in my neck weren't a symptom but looking on here a fair few people get it!

Gina. x  hug
DArcy
Ganglion

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:36:09 AM »

Hi Nat wave
I have that same symptom. When I went to see the neuro opthamologist ( who was no help at all and wasted my time as well as his own ) his resident told me that my pupils are sluggish. It takes them longer than other people to focus. Ands that in everyday life like trying to focus on a small object, or even changing looking from one thing to another depending on distance and size. So that said it really takes time for my eyes to adjust to different levels of light. A good five minutes before I can see in a darker place after being outside. My eyes are also very very sensitive to light. I wear dark sunglasses and a hat most of the time outside because I can't bear the light. Hence whenever someone says  'isn't it a beautiful sunny day out?' I just smile. I hope this helps a bit. At the very least you know you are not alone.
Take Care,
D

I'm 35 and feel 60. Everyday my body does something new and annoying without reason. Man-I'm just really really tired.
noxhanti
Hypothalamus

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 08:39:32 AM »

Same as above with the light on bad days. I recently had an eye test and the optician thinks my problems with focus may be due to my sight having changed slightly (can't remember but I think it was - distance has apparently got slightly better and  near slightly worse).

"I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it."

"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."

Maya Angelou
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: