Author Topic: venograms  (Read 3615 times)

Offline lola2701

• Neuron
venograms
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
Sophie has been recommended a venogram as she marked narrowing on her jugular vein and they want to do a venogram t measure pressure and then possibly a stent.  They have said there is a 1 in 200 chance of a stroke.  She is only 9 and she has had some bad experiences. Before we go ahead with it I would like to hear from anyone about venogram and stenting and did they have any problems and what. X

Offline dabirg

• Moderator Group
  • Plexus
Re: venograms
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
Hi I'm mum to a 10 year old with IIH.

When M had a venogram she had a cannula in her arm.  They scanned before adding the contrast - then she had to remain completely still whilst they injected the contrast through the cannula then they scanned again.  The container of contrast was HUGE.  M was suspected to have had a venous sinuous thrombosis previously as a consequence of other health issues and drugs but suffered no ill effects from the venogram.

We have no experience of stenting.

Hope you get lots of useful info from others,  G

Offline andreamay

• Global Moderator
  • Plexus
Re: venograms
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
I've had many many venograms as I have very narrow veins on my left side. I have 9 stents and apart from some extra head pain when 3 were inserted at once I have had no problems. I also have IIH and whilst the stenting hasn't changed it, there is a significant decrease in the risk of stroke, so they tell me. I have a shunt now but stenting can be very successful for many from reading people's stories. DR Higgins at Addenbrookes is the best for stenting. I wish you luck and success  :star
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your doctor before taking advice found on the internet.